SCL have been running their Holiday Activities for 4-12 year olds for more than 10 years.
During term time our staff work with children aged 4-12 years delivering PE lessons and extra-curricular clubs at over 130 schools and nurseries across the South East.
Our Holiday Activities are run at venues across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and the London Boroughs. Each SCL venue has been specifically chosen to accommodate our wide range of activities. All have large indoor and outdoor areas – so the fun doesn't stop for bad weather!
• Fun Games: Parachute games, Ultimate Dodgeball, Gladiator games, assault courses, space hoppers, party games, rhombic scooters and team challenges.
• Sports: Tri-golf, cricket, hockey, handball, touch rugby, rounders, tennis, Benchball, basketball, athletics, bowling, curling, volley ball and Didi-cars.
• Outdoor Pursuits: Treasure hunts, go kart and scooter races, water games, team hide and seek, mini beast hunt, orienteering and nature drawing.
• Specialist Activities: Drama, dance workshops, a movie and popcorn, face paints, circus skills, cookery, judo and martial arts
• Arts and Crafts: Textiles, displays, banners, drawing and colouring, masks, clay work, Hama beads, painting, collage making and other seasonal arts and crafts.
• Free Choice Activities: Arts and crafts, Nintendo Wii, building toys, dressing up clothes, chill out den, books and story time, Scalextric, music, educational toys, free play and much more!
Members of the team are:
• Approved to work with children by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or the Department for Barring Services (DBS)
• Registered and checked by Ofsted
• Qualified in Paediatric First Aid
• Trained in Child Protection Awareness and Procedures
• Trained in Health & Safety and Behaviour Management
• Fully insured
• All our senior staff have their NVQ Level 3 in Playwork
Our SCL tutors make it their mission for your child to have the best time whilst they are with us. They are professional in their approach, caring and entertaining.
Plus, each tutor is regularly assessed, to maintain SCL’s high standards.
Follow us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/WeAreSCLKids
Follow us on Twitter- https://twitter.com/SCLkids
All venues are registered and inspected by Ofsted. We accept payment using over 20 different childcare voucher schemes.
We offer two types of holiday activities, Club Energy or Soccer Schools which are available at all our venues. Simply choose between individual days or a week at Club Energy, Soccer School or a combination of the two!
We are open for a standard day 9.45-4.00, Monday to Friday and we run holiday clubs all year round.
Standard day - £21.00
Standard week - £85.00
Our Extended Day offers parents greater flexibility with drop off times between the hours of 8.30am – 9.45am and collection times between the hours of 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
Extended day - £24.00
Extended week - £99.00
WHAT TO BRING
• Packed lunch with ice pack – please ensure NO NUT PRODUCTS.
• Snacks and non-fizzy drinks in a reusable bottle or flask.
• Named, comfortable clothing, appropriate to the weather conditions.
• Children attending Soccer School should bring trainers, football boots if they have them and wear shin pads.
Typical age groups:
4-5 YEARS: EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) Our Early Years children will experience a similar day to their nursery or school routine, which will not only help them settle in but allow them plenty of free choice.
They will benefit from:
• Experienced qualified lead tutors
• A dedicated EYFS timetable - covering the 7 areas of learning
• Key worker for each child
• Age appropriate activities
• Equipment selected to encourage learning and play
6-8 YEARS: Fun based activity programme where children will be encouraged to try new things and participate in sessions that will improve social skills, team ethic and individuality. This group will have the right balance of progression, learning and enjoyment for their age.
9-12 YEARS: With a wide range of activities on offer, all games and sessions are adapted to challenge and motivate individuals. Sessions may also be extended to master a skill, finish a task or to carry on the fun. There is also a focus on team work, making friendship groups and to ensure independence a freedom of choice.
4-5 YEARS: An introduction into football through fun and imaginative games and practises
6-8 YEARS: A focus on player development through enjoyable and engaging drills and sessions
9-12 YEARS: Continued player progression incorporating skill-specific drills and tactical awareness